Monday, August 24, 2009


Image nicked from Wikipedia


I watched Gaslight tonight for the first time, and now I am spooked.
It was so eerie and suspenseful, that the level of discomfort I had while watching the movie (despite Joseph Cotton), has lingered on, and is now preventing me from sleeping.
However, it is a beautifully made film, and I really enjoyed it.



I bring all this up because this has been happening to me a lot lately. I'll indulge in reading wikipedia articles - that I know will both fascinate me and scare me - late at night, and then spend the next few hours feeling queasy, and completely unable to sleep!
Some of my favourites are airplane crashes, miscarriages of justice and dangerous sea animals.
The first image is from the red barn murder, and after seeing it last night, it was burned into my memory. Maybe without the connotation the images isn't as powerful, but still eerie nonetheless!
Well, I need to sleep!

No comments: